August 27-30, 2022
Welcome Weekend is the beginning of many Taylor traditions. Along with Taylor’s First-Year Experience* program, Welcome Weekend can help you meet new friends, make the transition academically, and provide opportunities for you to know yourself and God in a deeper way.
View 2021 info below.
- Weekend Schedule – You will also be able to find a printed schedule at the front desk of each residence hall.
- Campus Map – Need help finding your way around? This campus map will provide you with building names and information. You will also be able to find a printed map at the front desk of each residence hall.
- Office Hours – Check here to see what campus offices will be open on Friday and Saturday.
- Advanced Meal Tickets – You may purchase your meal tickets for your family prior to Welcome Weekend. Please note that incoming students will not need meal tickets because they will swipe their ID cards for each meal.
- FAQs – Find answers to these frequently asked questions.
- Computer and Network Registration – Connect your devices to Taylor's WiFi.
- Testing – Proficiency and CLEP testing information as well as contact information for questions you may have.
- Language Placement Testing – Have questions about testing for Spanish and French? Here’s the information you need, including contact information for questions.
- Music Ensemble Auditions – Interested in participating in music ensembles? Check out this information to help you prepare for your audition and when/how to sign up.
- Information Fair Directory – You don’t want to miss the Information Fair on Friday afternoon (2:00pm-4:00pm in Boren) to pick up some valuable information and turn in health forms. Check out what departments/vendors will have tables at this event and where to find them.
- New Student COVID Relief Checks – We are pleased to be able to provide relief funds to all new freshmen and transfer students. Here is some helpful information for you.
- Departmental Meeting Locations – Students, this list is for you to reference as you make your way to your academic department meetings on Monday afternoon. These locations will also be posted on building doors around campus.
- There is no advanced registration or fee needed for students or parents for Welcome Weekend.
- Students living on campus, please check in at your residence hall lobby upon arrival. You will receive your room key and be greeted by student leaders, ready to assist you with moving in to your room.
- Transfer students are invited to move in on Friday, August 27, and participate in Welcome Weekend.
- Commuter students, please join us for all of Welcome Weekend, including a session just for you on Friday, August 27, from 3:30–5:00 in Zondervan Library 142.
- Move-in day for upperclassmen is Saturday, August 28, starting at 10:00am.
Email Lisa Wallace or call (765) 998-5524.
*The First-Year Experience® is a service mark of the University of South Carolina. A license may be granted upon written request to use the term The First-Year Experience in association with educational programmatic approaches to enhance the first college year. This license is not transferable without written approval of the University of South Carolina.