Welcome Weekend 2015 will be August 28-31, 2015.
Welcome Weekend is the beginning of many Taylor traditions. While you are busy packing your suitcases and shopping for supplies, campus leaders arrive even earlier to prepare residence hall programming, plan O-Group activities, and organize the annual hoe-down.
Welcome Weekend, along with Taylor’s First Year Experience* program, can help you meet new friends, make the transition academically, and provide opportunities for you to know yourself and God in a deeper way.
- Students living on campus, please check in at your residence hall lobby upon arrival where you will receive your room key and a welcome packet. Campus leaders will be available to assist you with moving-in.
- Commuter students, please check in at the registration table in Hodson Dining Commons on Friday between 11:30-1:00. You will receive your welcome packet and a complimentary lunch ticket.
- There is no advanced registration or fee needed for students or parents for Welcome Weekend.
- Parents and guests are invited to purchase meals in the Hodson Dining Commons Friday and Saturday (payable at the cashier during each meal).
- Most parents arrive with their son or daughter for move-in on Friday and stay through Saturday lunch. There are many student activities planned for the remainder of the weekend which will assist with the transition to Taylor.
*The First-Year Experience® is a service mark of the University of South Carolina. A license may be granted upon written request to use the term The First-Year Experience in association with educational programmatic approaches to enhance the first college year. This license is not transferable without written approval of the University of South Carolina.