Mission & Faith
The mission of Taylor University is to develop servant leaders marked with a passion to minister Christ’s redemptive love and truth to a world in need.
Taylor University is firmly committed to the lordship of Jesus Christ and evangelical Christianity. To assure the central place of Christian principles in the philosophy and life of the University, the trustees, administration, faculty, and staff believe that:
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—the ultimate Creator and Sustainer of all things in heaven and on earth.
- The Holy Bible is the only inspired, authoritative written word of God, progressively revealing God’s will for humankind.
- Jesus Christ is the living word of God who made known and carried out God’s plan of redemption through His virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, bodily resurrection, and ascension, and who will return in power and glory.
- The Holy Spirit is present in the life of the believer, testifying to the lordship of Christ and enabling the believer to live a godly life.
- Humankind, though uniquely created in God’s image, rebelled and stands in need of redemption.
- God graciously extends salvation to anyone who comes to Christ by faith.
- The Church is the community of believers who express their unity in Christ by loving and serving Him, each other, and all people.
We are grateful for your interest in Taylor University and invite you to read more about Taylor distinctions and commitments.