The Taylor Payroll Department provides accurate and timely payment of compensation, taxes and withholdings for faculty, staff and student employees.
Timesheets must be submitted and approved by 10 am on Monday following the end of the pay period on Saturday. Check out the Payroll Calendar for more information.
All Taylor employees are paid through direct deposit, the process of depositing your paycheck directly into your checking or savings account. There are several benefits to using direct deposit:
- Direct Deposit is safe because your pay is automatically deposited into your account on pay day—no concern about lost or stolen checks.
- Direct Deposit is fast because your check is instantly deposited into your account and available on pay day—no standing in long bank lines or waiting for your check to clear.
- Direct Deposit is simple because your pay is deposited into your checking or savings account on time, correctly and confidentially.
Enroll/Change Direct Deposit
You may enroll in or make changes to your direct deposit in one of the following ways. Make sure you have your bank account number(s) and corresponding routing number(s) ready.
- Stop by the Payroll office and complete a Direct Deposit form.
- Login to the myTAYLOR Portal > Employee Tab > Employment Details box > Direct Deposit link > Update Direct Deposit Allocation > Complete the form > Save.
On-Campus Student Employment
There are approximately 900 students employed on campus every year. Hiring for the fall semester starts in the prior spring so that departments are ready to go when the semester begins. There are still positions available in the fall, so it is critical for new students to begin their job search immediately when they arrive in the fall to secure employment. Supervisors are instructed to hire students eligible for federal work study for the first two weeks, after which positions are open to all students. There are still plenty of student position available, but may not be the student first choice.
Steps to Get Connected to Student On-Campus Employment
The Office of Human Resources posts information about student employment. The student will need to login to myTAYLOR to have access to this information using their TU username and password.
On myTAYLOR will be a link to the Student Employment website. You will find on this website 1) a list of most positions on campus and 2) a short list of currently available positions.
Steps to Take This Fall When You Arrive on Campus
Each department may have different ways to apply for jobs. Contact information is listed on the Student Employment website. Please check to make sure you carefully follow the instructions on how to apply for each job as this could impact your ability to be hired for a job on campus.
Remember, when you are inquiring or applying for jobs to include your full name, the position you are applying for and any other documents the department requests.
Some examples of potential employment include: library worker, front desk worker, tutor, lab/building monitor, working at the Kesler Student Activities Center, Campus Safety, etc.
Work Eligibility Forms
All student employees must visit the Human Resources office within 3 days of securing a job to complete the following:
- W-4 (Employees Withholding Allowance Certificate)
- WH-4 (State of Indiana Withholding and Exemption Certificate)
- I-9 (Employment Eligibility Certificate)
- Direct Deposit Authorization
- Indiana Reciprocal State Tax Form (Residents of KY, MI, OH, PA, WI)