Taylor Ranked Among the Nation’s 25 Best Schools for Studying Bible
- By: Braden Ochs
- Published: Nov 21, 2017 2:45PM
Taylor University is among the nation’s top 25 schools who offer some formal study of the Bible – this according to a newly-released rating by TheBestSchools.org, an online collegiate rating organization.
Taylor is ranked 15th on the list, The 25 Best Schools to Study the Bible, published by TheBestSchools.org. According to TheBestSchools.org, more than 1000 colleges and universities offer some form of study of the Bible.
In its ranking process, TheBestSchools.org evaluated each college or university on criteria that include:
- Commitment to sound Christian education,
- Academic excellence,
- A robust spiritual-life on campus,
- A Bible curriculum that is recognized for its depth and scope,
- And accreditation with some combination of the following boards:
- Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE),
- Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS),
- Association of Theological Schools (ATS),
- And the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU).
In addition to the 25 ranked institutions, TheBestSchools.org also accorded Honorable Mention to 105 other colleges and universities.
“The study of the Bible is a central and historic part of Taylor University’s DNA,” said Dr. Michael Harbin, Chair of Taylor’s Biblical Studies, Christian Ministries, and Philosophy department. “We have heard story after story from so many of our alumni – some of whom studied within the Bible curriculum while they were at Taylor, and others who studied one of the other areas – who have shared how their lives have been transformed by their interaction with the Bible. While are grateful for this rating, we are even more grateful for the impact the Bible has had in the lives of our alumni.”
TheBestSchools.org is an independent organization comprised of educators, editors, authors, and web professionals. The members of TheBestSchools.org Academic Advisory Board serve as experienced, professional, academic guides for the organization, providing insights into the field of education and its changing dynamics.