Taylor Hosts National Student Leadership Conference
- By: Braden Ochs
- Published: Feb 20, 2018 11:30AM
College students from around the country are expected as Taylor University hosts its annual National Student Leadership Conference (NSLC) on February 23, 24.
The NSLC is the country's oldest continuous student leadership conference on a college campus. Founded in 1982 by Taylor Student Organizations (TSO), NSLC has hosted hundreds of students, faculty, staff and community members. The conference is student-led and its goal is to help people discover what it means to be leaders and Christ-followers in all areas of life.
This year, the NSLC theme is "Gather.”
“I’m always excited about the National Student Leadership Conference because it’s an opportunity for us to really dig deep into a rich heritage of student leadership at Taylor University,” said Dr. Drew Moser, Dean of Experiential Learning. “I’m especially excited this year about the slate of speakers and the schedule that we put together because it brings in some of the foremost thinkers on topics that are directly relevant to leadership in today’s culture.”
Pre-Conference Registration – 2-4 pm
Conference Start – 4 pm
Keynote – 6-7 pm
Panels & Workshop – 9-10 am
Keynote – 10-11 am
Panels & Workshop – 11-12 am
Panels & Workshop – 1-2 pm
Keynote – 2-3
Panels & Workshop – 3-4
Conference Conclusion – 4 pm
- Sarah Bessey, author/speaker.
- Kim Phipps, President of Messiah College.
- Alan Briggs, author/pastor.
- Austin Channing Brown, author/speaker.
- Jesse Eubanks, Founder and Executive Director of Love Thy Neighborhood.
- Nicole Baker Fulgham, author, advocate of educational equity.
- Matthew Franklin Jones, blogger/author.
- Micah Bournes, rapper, singer/songwriter.