Communications field professionals ranging from authors and writers to a local pastor will be featured presenters at a seminar for students studying in the communication sequence at Taylor University.
Expectations for Others is the theme of this year’s seminar, scheduled on November 1, from 9: am-12:30 pm, in the Butz-Carruth Recital Hall. The Expectations theme is a follow up to the theme of last year’s seminar, Expectations for Self.
According to Dr. Donna Downs, communication department co-chair, the keynote speakers will speak extensively on mentoring and discipleship, and maintaining faith and hope when others do not meet expectations.
"We offer these annual seminars to our students as a way to move them forward in professionalism and networking," Downs said. "Our keynotes speak not only to life after college, but life now, and those who listen well and heed their advice will find themselves more able to connect with others."
Featured speakers include:
- John Clark, Senior Pastor at Converse (Indiana) Church of Christ;
- Cary Curry, a business owner and author from Bloomington, Indiana;
- Linda Hartzler, a former Taylor Parents Cabinet Member and former staff member for the children’s video series Veggie Tales;
- Carrie Hartzler Lambert, a Taylor alumna who writes for Indiana tourism;
- Rob Oller, sports columnist for the Columbus (Ohio) Dispatch;
- and Julie Oller, a Taylor alumna and feature writer at the Columbus Dispatch.
The seminar will take place in the Butz-Carruth Recital Hall.