Taylor University is a small, nondenominational Christian college located in Upland, Indiana. It was founded in 1846. U.S. News & World Report recently listed Taylor as the #1 regional college in the Midwest. With a 23-year legacy of being in the region’s top three in America’s Best Colleges, this year marks the 12th year in the past 13 years that Taylor has been recognized as the top college in the Midwest or shared the title.
With approximately 2,000 students, our graduates’ success rate (having a job, internship, or attending graduate school within six months of graduation) is 99%. In the Biblical Studies, Christian Ministries, & Philosophy department, the success rate is 95% within six weeks of graduation.
Taylor University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Taylor’s mission is to develop servant leaders marked with a passion to minister Christ’s redemptive love and truth to a world in need.
We—Taylor’s staff and faculty—seek to accomplish this mission by striving to be:
- Whole Person Focused: We involve students in learning experiences imbued with a vital Christian interpretation of truth and life which foster their intellectual, emotional, physical, vocational, social, and spiritual development.
- Biblically Anchored and Liberal Arts Grounded: We offer a liberal arts, professional, and life-long education based upon the conviction all truth has its source in God and His Word.
- Christ-Centered: Our Christian faith should permeate all learning—leading to a consistent life of worship, servant leadership, stewardship, and world outreach.
- Faith and Learning Integrated: We strive to create specific experiences where the integrative focus of a Christian liberal arts education is clarified, personalized, and applied.
- World Engaging: We contribute to the advancement of human knowledge and understanding and serve the evangelical Christian church and the larger, public community for the glory of God.
- Servant Leader Motivated: We foster a biblical model of relationships acknowledging both unity and diversity of the followers of Christ within a covenant community, which can be evidenced in a continuing lifestyle of service to and concern for others.
Statement of Faith
Taylor University is firmly committed to the lordship of Jesus Christ and evangelical Christianity. To assure the central place of Christian principles in the philosophy and life of the University, the trustees, administration, faculty, and staff believe that:
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—the only Creator, Redeemer, and Sustainer of all things in heaven and on earth.
- The Bible is the only inspired, authoritative written word of God, true and trustworthy in all it affirms.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal, living Word of God. Through his incarnation he revealed God’s plan of redemption by his virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, bodily resurrection, and ascension. He will return in power and glory to judge the living and the dead.
- The Holy Spirit is present in the life of every believer, testifying to the lordship of Christ, illuminating the Scriptures, and empowering believers for fruitful service and obedience to God’s commands.
- Humankind, though uniquely created in God’s image, rebelled and stands in need of redemption. God, by his grace, extends salvation, reconciliation, and eternal life to anyone who comes to Christ by faith.
- The Church is the global body of believers across time who affirm that Jesus Christ is Lord and demonstrate their faith and unity in Christ by loving and serving him and all people.
We are grateful for your interest in Taylor University and invite you to read more about Taylor distinctions and commitments.