Donor Advised Funds
A Donor Advised Fund (DAF) is a low-cost and convenient charitable giving fund that allows you to support Taylor University and other charitable organizations through gifts of appreciated assets and cash. Contributions have an immediate tax benefit and are a convenient way to achieve your philanthropic goals.
Open a Fund
- Establish a DAF with Taylor University with as little as $5,000 cash, securities, and non-cash assets like stock, real estate, and business interests and then make grant recommendations from the fund to Taylor University and other charities that you support.
- Enjoy online account management, including making grants, seeing account history, and downloading receipts and tax letters.
- Receive a charitable deduction in the year of the contribution.
Set up an account
Move a Fund
If you already have a DAF, it’s simple to move your Fund assets from your current provider to the Taylor University Donor Advised Fund.
- Set up an account
- Authorize a grant to Taylor University in the full amount of your Donor Advised Fund balance.
- Designate the grant to the Taylor University DAF. After making the grant, please notify David Melilli, Director of Gift Planning (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we know to watch for it in your new Taylor Donor Advised Fund.
About Taylor’s Fund
Taylor’s Donor Advised Fund is efficiently and properly managed by a group of professionals. Fees are some of the most competitive in the industry:
- 0.5% administration fee on balances under $1,000,000
- 0.3% administration fee on balances over $1,000,000
- An additional 0.4% investment fee is charged on all accounts
The grants from your Donor Advised Fund can be anonymous to the receiving organizations or the grant will list the name of the contributing fund. There are no required minimum grants to Taylor University and no minimum required grants throughout the year.
To learn how a Donor Advised Fund (DAF) can help support Taylor University and other qualified charities that are meaningful to you: contact David Melilli (email@example.com).