- EdD, Higher Education Administration, Indiana University Bloomington
- MA, Student Personnel Administration, State University of New York College at Buffalo
- BA, Christian Education, John Brown University
Publisher: Abilene Christian Press (2011)
Publisher: Abliene Christian Press (2016)
I have 38 years of experience in administrative roles in higher education and 17 years of teaching at the graduate level in higher education.
I have published eleven journal articles, three book chapters and co-authored two books since 2000.
Recent Journal Articles:
- The Role of Campus Traditions in Campus Life at Christian Colleges and Universities, Christian Higher Education Journal (2019).
- Ernest L. Boyer, The Christian College and the Uneasy Tension Between the Curriculum and the Co-Curriculum, Christian Higher Education Journal (2013).
Recent Book Chapters:
- "A Philosophy of Whole Person Education" in: Taylor University: The First 175 Years, Indiana Historical Society Press (2022).
- "Dealing with Controversy: The Introduction of Dancing" in: Taylor University: The First 175 Years, Indiana Historical Society Press (2022).
- “Managing Professional Interdependence: A Model for Christian Scholarship” in: The Soul of a Christian University: A Field Guide for Educators, Abilene Christian University Press/Leafwood Publishers (2008)
In addition to my professional roles and publications, I have been active in professional organizations such The Association for Christians in Student Development (ACSD) and the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU). I have regularly attended conferences of both organizations and made over 25 workshop presentations at these and other professional meetings. I have served as President for ACSD and served on the ACSD Executive Committee for a total of eight years. I have also served as an external evaluator for program reviews at six different colleges.
I have led or co-led several major building projects while at Taylor University, including the Boren Campus Center, Memorial Prayer Chapel, Breuninger Hall, Campbell Hall, Wolgemuth Hall, and Stillman Fieldhouse.