Federal Work Study Program
Federal Work Study is a form of financial assistance that allows students to earn money through on-campus employment. It is need-based and requires the student to file the FAFSA. The Federal Work Study (FWS) program is different from other awards:
- FWS is not a guaranteed amount. It is the student's responsibility to find a FWS job on campus.
- FWS earnings are paid directly to the student through payroll. It is up to the student to determine how to spend the amount; it is not automatically applied toward tuition fees.
The Work Study Process
- Log in to myfa.taylor.edu. Go to the Awards tab. If Federal Work Study (FWS) is listed, you are eligible.
- Search for on-campus jobs through Calling and Career Office or in the "Employment" tab on the MyTaylor Portal.
- Before beginning your campus job, fill out the necessary employment forms at Human Resources. This can be done at the start of the school year.
Additional Printable Materials