Drug and Alcohol Policy & Abuse Education
The Taylor University alcohol and drug abuse program extends far beyond minimum requirements for such programs. Taylor University does not permit the use of alcohol or drugs on or off campus. For this reason the extensive program strives to reach five distinct outcomes:
- Training and information which may prevent some students, faculty and staff from abusing drugs and alcohol.
- Training for the campus community so that they will more readily identify current problems.
- An increase in the level of competency of intervention techniques in a manner that is caring and correct.
- Better referrals to appropriate agencies and follow up with needed support.
- A campus-based, user-friendly resource center housing specific needed information.
The full description of the Comprehensive Drug and Alcohol Program is available from the Dean of Students upon request (765) 998-536.