How to Apply for Financial Aid
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3... 4, 5.
Students must file the FAFSA to qualify for any Taylor or Federal Grant programs. Programs include Taylor Fund Grants, Taylor Endowed/Annual Scholarships and Federal Grants such as the Pell and SEOG Grants, Federal Direct Loans and Federal Work Study. All need-based amounts are subject to change based on federal regulations.
Complete these 5 steps to apply for all need-based aid:
1 Apply and be Accepted to Taylor
Financial Aid packages will not be awarded until admission acceptance is finalized, but a student may begin the financial aid process before that time.
2 File the FAFSA
*File the FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1 and before March 10 each year. See the flow chart to the right for more information on how, when and where to file your FAFSA application, or go online to www.fafsa.gov.
*Note: Some families may be selected for a Verification Process.
3 Check Your Status
After February 15, begin checking your financial aid status under the Your Documents tab in MYFA (My Financial Aid Online site).
4 Apply For Student Loans
Apply for any necessary student loans by July 1 through MYFA.
5 Notify Taylor
Notify the Financial Aid Office of any outside or private scholarships, grants, or loans you recieve.
Questions? View the Financial Aid Application FAQ's. (.pdf)
FAFSA: How to Apply
1. The FAFSA application is available after January 1.
2. It is preferable to complete your 2015 Federal Income Tax Return before filing the FAFSA. However, families may estimate 2015 income if they are unable to file taxes before March 10 to meet the FAFSA deadline.
3. Complete the FAFSA online at www.FAFSA.gov.
4. Be sure to indicate on your FAFSA that you want a copy sent to Taylor University.
5. The FAFSA must be submitted by March 10.
6. Financial Aid packages will be processed and awarded to students who have been accepted to Taylor. You should receive notification of your financial aid package four to six weeks after you have completed and submitted all FAFSA forms.