Frequently Asked Questions
Q: If we have to spend the night due to distance, where should we stay?
Three local hotels are only 10 minutes from campus. Please feel free to call the hotels below to reserve a room.
- Best Western, 765.998.2331
- Super 8 Motel, 765.998.6800
- Holiday Inn Express, 765.674.6664
Q: What is the attire?
Casual attire is appropriate for the day.
Q: What is the cost? Is there an extra cost for parents, siblings, guests?
The cost of Summer Orientation is:
- $15 for accepted student
- $30 for accepted student & family
If a student comes alone the charge is $15. If the student comes with any number (unlimited) of guests, the charge is $30.
Q: What should I bring?
If you have questions about paperwork or information you have received, please bring this with you so that we can best be of assistance to you.
If you are interested in an on-campus job, there will be opportunity to complete the necessary Employment Eligibility Verification paperwork during Summer Orientation. A variety of specific documents are acceptable for this verificaton. Four common options are listed here.
- valid U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card
- valid driver's license (or ID card) with photograph AND original social security card
- valid driver's license (or ID card) with photograph AND original birth certificate
- valid driver's license (or ID card) with photograph AND certified copy of birth certificate
Q: When/how do we pay?
- Mail payment:
- Pay at the registration table by cash or check
- Let us know and we will bill the student account
Q: Will meals be provided?
Yes! Breakfast and lunch will be provided for everyone attending Summer Orientation.
Q: What if I'm unable to attend?
That's okay! Summer Orientation is not mandatory. If you cannot make it, email your Admissions Counselor. You will be mailed the necessary information (such as class registration and your housing information) after the second Summer Orientation date.