An important feature of Taylor's M.A. in Higher Education & Student Development is the availability of on-campus assistantships.
Each full-time student is guaranteed an assistantship, and will receive a minimum stipend amount of $3000 per year. More significantly, approximately 25 assistantships will be available at $5000 to $8,000 per year for selected full-time students.
These assistantships are designed as educational experiences and will provide students with meaningful and marketable skills that will serve them well as they seek professional positions upon graduation from the program.
The following Graduate Assistantship positions are available for the 2013-14 and 2014-15 academic years. Additional Graduate Assistant positions may be added as approved.
- Academic Enrichment
- Calling and Career Graduate Assistant for Special Projects
- Calling and Career Internship Coordinator
- Campbell Hall Residence Hall Director (male or female position)
- Discipleship Graduate Assistant
- Gerig and New Residence Hall Director (male or female position)
- Global Engagement
- Institute for English Language Studies
- Leadership Development
- MAHE Graduate Assistant
- Office of Intercultural Programs Graduate Assistant
- Olson Hall Assistant (female position)
- Professional Publication Production
- Swallow Robin Residence Hall Director (male or female position)
- TSO and Global Engagement (GE)
- Women’s Programming (female position)
Assistantship Placement Process
- Read the 2013 Position Descriptions and then fill out the 2013 Assistantship Application and submit it along with your online admissions application.
- The enrollment committee will review assistantship applications after candidates are accepted into the program in February. Assistantship applications will also be passed onto the assistantship supervisors for review.
- All accepted and matriculated students are strongly encouraged to attend the Assistantship Interview Day at Taylor University on March 15, 2013.
- To matriculate, an accepted student must send in his/her $200 advanced payment. This payment will be applied to the fall semester bill, and will secure his/her spot in the fall 2013 cohort
- The Assistantship Interview Day will be on Taylor University’s campus on Friday, March 15th, from 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. Specific details about this day will be given to accepted students in February
- The Assistantship Interview Day will allow students to interview with a variety of assistantship supervisors. If extenuating circumstances prevent a student from attending the Assistantship Interview Day, students and supervisors must conduct an interview via a video conference (such as Skype or Google Voice) or teleconference prior to March 15th.
- Please contact Kelly Yordy if you have questions about this process.