Taylor University Online upholds the following policies to ensure students are treated fairly and consistently, and to maintain academic integrity. Download the complete catalog to review all of the policies. The policies listed below are the most notable.
Taylor Online has open enrollment. This means a student can register, submit payment, and begin a course on any day of the year. The registration date is the date tuition is paid. The student will have four months from that date to complete the course. Within three business days of the registration date, the student will receive login information via email enabling access to the course.
Students are eligible for one 4-month extension for a fee of $250. The request to extend and payment of the fee must be received 2 weeks prior to the expiration date of the course.
If a course is not completed within the original enrollment period and the student does not request an extension, or if a student cannot complete the course by the end of the extension period, a grade of "F" is issued. Students have the option of re-enrolling in the course and, while the old course and grade remains on the transcript, only the new grade from the repeated course will be counted in the cumulative statistics.
Within 7 days of the registration date, a student may drop a course and receive a full tuition refund or switch to an equivalently priced course. The dropped course will not appear on the transcript. Course materials associated with the dropped course are nonreturnable and nonrefundable.
Dropping/Withdrawing from Courses
The refund schedule and transcript ramifications for students who withdraw from a course is as follows:
- Withdraw within 7 days of registration: 100% refund and course does not appear on the transcript
- Withdraw between 8 and 28 days of registration: 75% refund and course appears as a “W” on the transcript
- Withdraw between 29 days of registration and the original course due date: 0% refund and course appears as a “W” on the transcript
- Withdraw during the extension period: 0% refund and course appears as a “WF” on the transcript
To request to be withdrawn, contact the office at email@example.com or 800-845-3149. The date the request is submitted will be honored as the withdrawal date.
The majority of examinations are completed online and do not require a proctor. However, if a proctor is required, the student is expected to choose a proctor. Examination request forms are included in the materials for each course that requires proctored exams. Please complete the form and submit it to TU Online. Allow 15 working days for the proctor to receive the examination.
Instructors have one week to grade each assignment. It is recommended to submit assignments periodically throughout the four months, not in bulk near the expiration/due date of the course. If four assignments are submitted at once, the instructor will return a graded assignment each week over a four week time frame. If a student has special circumstances and needs a final grade quickly, the student must receive permission from TU Online prior to registering for the course.
Student Complaint Resolution
The U.S. Department of Education has amended the Higher Education Act (HEA) authorizing the “Program Integrity Rule.” This amendment provides, among other things, regulations associated with the federal student financial aid program that require colleges or universities authorized to offer postsecondary education in one or more states to ensure access to a complaint process 34 CFR 668.43(b) that will permit student consumers to address the following:
- Alleged violations of State consumer protection laws that include but are not limited to fraud and false advertising;
- Alleged violations of State laws or rules relating to the licensure of postsecondary institutions; and
- Complaints relating to the quality of education or other State or accreditation requirements. Taylor University, incorporated in the State of Indiana, is authorized by name to provide postsecondary education: State Incorporation, Articles of Acceptance
For students attending classes online and not residing in the state of Indiana, please contact your state's appropriate authority.