Enactus Team Performance at Atlanta Regional Earns Nationals Bid
- By: Jim Garringer
- Published: Apr 6, 2016 1:15PM
The Taylor University Enactus team was a winner at the Atlanta Enactus Regional Championship held Friday, earning a spot in the Enactus National Competition in St. Louis, Mo., on May 15-17.
During the event, Taylor’s Enactus team competed with universities including: Savannah State University, University of South Florida, Bryan College, and the University of North Georgia.
Enactus is an organization that seeks to serve communities through entrepreneurial activity. The aim of the organization is for students to use business knowledge to promote sustainable communities. The student teams create and execute projects to serve that end.
The competition showcased student projects that utilized entrepreneurship to address sustainable change in the areas of economic, social and environmental areas. Taylor’s projects included:
- Biz-for-Kidz: An event to introduce 5th and 6th graders to Entrepreneurship concepts. This was in collaboration with Eastbrook elementary, and the Grant County Economic Development Council.
- TU Marketplace: a website created by Enactus to supply Taylor students with various supplies (in collaboration with Walmart).
- A partnership with Thistle Farms of Nashville to increase awareness of Human Trafficking.
Taylor Enactus team members include:
- Josh Klabunde, Senior, Management/Marketing
- Christine Urban, Senior, Marketing
- Anna Cummings, Sophomore, Management
- Brad Harris, Sophomore, Finance
- Tyler Hagen, Junior, Finance
- Andrew Schmidt, Junior, Finance
- Jordan Wright, Junior, Computer Science
- Jeanette Zhang, Junior, Marketing
- Meghan Gamble, Senior, Psychology
- Howard Lee, Senior, Music Marketing
- Gloria Talbot, Sophomore, International Business/Systems
- James Maina, Senior, Marketing
“We are blessed with a talented and driven group of students participating this year in Enactus,” said team co-sponsor Prof. Eric Hernandez. “There is significant planning and work that they do to bring sustainable progress through entrepreneurship, and advancing to the national competition is a commendation for their efforts.”