Taylor University's Center for Musical Development (CMD) will offer piano lessons for local students ages 6 to 16 for the fall semester. No prior musical training is required.
- Private piano lessons are taught by Taylor piano students and are open to students ages six through 16.
- Assignments for teachers are on a first come, first served basis. Space is limited.
- Ten lessons are given each semester in the Smith-Hermanson Music Center at Taylor University.
- CMD students will have the opportunity to perform in a recital scheduled at the end of each semester.
- The cost is $12 per 30-minute lesson.
The Center for Musical Development is part of the Department of Music, Theatre and Dance. The CMD provides musical instruction to students from the surrounding community, giving Taylor students practical experience in teaching music to young learners.
To register for piano lessons, contact Dr. Becky Baker, Director of the CMD, at 317-432-2029, or Andrea Baker, Music Program Assistant, at 765-998-5232.