- PhD, Sociology, Purdue University
- MA, University of Washington
- BS, Boise State University
- Taylor University professor for 30 years
- Teaching Excellence and Campus Leadership Award 2006
- Taylor University Distinguished Lecture 2022
Bird, Steven. (2016). Christian college students and emerging adulthood. Christian Education Journal, 13(2), 293-314.
Bird, Steven (2022). The Future of Christianity in America: Understanding the Generational Differences in Spirituality in the United States. Presented as the Taylor University Distinguished Lecture.