- EdD, Educational Psychology/Special Education, Regent University
- EdS, School Psychology, Ball State University
- MA, School Psychology, Ball State University
- BA, Psychology, Taylor University
- Newly appointed Director of Orphans and Vulnerable Children Major/Minor
- Women’s Leadership Development Institute (WLDI)
- Over 10 years as a faculty member of the Education Department, 5 years in the Psychology Department
- Member of President Lindsay's Cabinet
- Current Faculty Vice Moderator
- Recipient of the Burnworth Teaching Award
- Trainer of Faculty for January Global Experiences
- Member of an International Research and Writing Group for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Sharing SoTL with students: From ideation to practice at the International Conference for ISSOTL (Nov. 2022). Knowledge Mobilization of Sharing SoTL with students: Investigating models of practice, in Nov. 2023 at ISSOTL.
Designing Local Teaching Practicums to Promote Growth in Intercultural Competency at the International Christian Community for Teacher Education (ICCTE), 2021.
Maurer, Trent W., Cherie Woolmer, Nichole L. Powell, Carol Sisson, Catherine Snelling, Odd Rune Stalheim, and Ian J. Turner. 2021. “Sharing SoTL Findings With Students: An Intentional Knowledge Mobilization Strategy”. Teaching and Learning Inquiry 9 (1):333-48. https://doi.org/10.20343/teachlearninqu.9.1.22.
The International Christian Community of Teacher Educators in May, 2020. Title: Using effective practices of preparation, reflection, and debriefing to increase levels of perceived Intercultural Competency of Education Majors in a local, non-immersive, diverse practicum experience.
Presentation: Creating Shalom: Using Hospitality in our Classrooms to Develop Right Relationships. The International Christian Community for Teacher Education (ICCTE).
Grant recipient for the Service of Engagement Grant from Indiana Campus Compact: Diversity in the Classroom, Local Intercultural Service Learning.
Poster Presentation 8th Annual Indiana Campus Compact Summit: Pedagogical Strategies for Building Critical Thinking Dispositions in Studying the Achievement Gap
I am deeply committed to the Taylor University mission and want to prepare students academically and spiritually to be agents of faithful influence in their homes, churches, schools, and communities. I treasure the opportunity to be an active member of the whole person, liberal arts, Christian focused living and learning community at Taylor University. I love Taylor students and am thankful for the way we all shape and encourage each other, both in and out of the classroom.