Rob CartwrightPhysics & Engineering Lab/Resource Manager
Euler 231/Nussbaum 215
- MBA, New Product Development/Management, Marketing, Market Research, DeVry University (2006)
- BS, Electronics, Microprocessors, Communications Systems, Purdue University (1996)
Christ is the center of everything I do. Without Him, I am nothing. He gave His all for me - I can do nothing less than give my all back to Him!
Now & Then:
- CYT Indy Board Member (children's theater).
- Muncie Delaware Robotics Board Member, and team mentor (high school robotics).
- Video director: Willow Creek Community Church, and, Union Chapel Ministries
- Volunteer "church-plant" tech designer/installer, for various churches in: Indiana, Ohio, and Tennessee.
videography, model airplanes, singing, trombone, digital trainsets, home automation, robotics, internet technologies, Internet of Things, broadcasting, house of worship technology (building wide), auto-mechanic, Christmas movies with my wife (don't laugh, it makes for a happy marriage!), musicals (new and old), jazz music, constantly learning about new tech (because I'm constantly amazed at what God made possible)!
- Wife: Christine. I've been married since 1992 to my college sweetheart and radio co-host, Christine! You haven't lived until you've sat over dinner and suddenly kicked into "radio voices" together, while simply eating! In college she asked me to come watch her sing with the Purduettes, and I was captured from then on. She's an Associate Children's Pastor at our church, and currently working on her master in children's ministry. Did, I mention...she's gotta be a saint or something to live with me for nearly 30 years.
- Sons: Robbie and Evan. I have two amazing sons!
Robbie is finishing his 2020 BS from Purdue at IUPUI, in 3D Animation/Graphics.
Evan is in high school, is quite musical, and composes extensive EDM music on his computer; and, hopes to use it to reach people for Christ in the decades to come. Both of them love Christ, are gifted singers, and are seeking to serve Him in all they do.
- Participated in youth retreat weekend at Taylor, in 1980's.
- Once participated in Taylor Physics Field Day, in about Spring 1984.
- Taught COS130 at Taylor as an adjunct professor, in Spring 2017.
- After hiring on in Spring 2019, two days in, I walked to one of the labs I manage, and in that very hallway, I found a 1984 picture of me in a framed Physics Field Day frame, in the Nussbaum/Physics Building hallway. What!? Ok, that is seriously cool!
- I love the work of God happening here at Taylor! I'm so privileged to get to be here, at this time, at this place. And, Physics & Engineering is the team! Keep watching....God is doing something!
My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. - Psalm 84:2 (NIV)
"You can not lead, where you will not go. You can not teach, what you do not know."
originally: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
quoted in sermon by: Dr. Reggie Epps
- Managed 3Com/USRobotics Digital Home.
- Developed DOE/university apprenticeship program.
- Managed CEBus Digital Home trade-show pavilion.
- Managed Strategic Development Labs at multiple corporations.
- Researched/developed/and launched: gaming modem, DSL/cable-modem qualification service, myriad of cellular phones and app launches, and cellular carrier infrastructure upgrades.
- Automation projects: FM/AM broadcast studios, commercial buildings, custom residential homes, and houses of worship.
- Industry speaker/spokesperson: IEEE, campus lectures, standards bodies, corporate demo homes, and trade-show corporate "talent".
- Published in industry magazines.
- Drove product and service revenue growth in top tier cellular carrier, including increases in: market share, average revenue per user, customer base, adoption and retention - as part of year-on-year "#1 Customer Satisfaction" rating.