Scripture Engagement Workshops
Scripture engagement workshops are designed to be highly interactive, helping participants to:
- Develop their thinking (theology) and skills (practice) in engaging the Bible.
- Learn from Scripture about reflecting on God’s Word.
- Practice different methods of reflecting on Scripture (e.g., praying Scripture, “storying,” journaling, hand copying, Lectio Divina, memorizing, visual arts, singing, etc.) both as an individual and in small groups.
- Encounter landmark research about Scripture engagement (both research done by the TUCSE and other researchers).
Participants will receive a workbook that equips them to reflect on Scripture, explaining the foundation of Scripture engagement, providing training on a variety of Scripture engagement practices, and offering resources for further study.
Workshops can be designed to fit various time frames and audiences (e.g., youth, adults, ministry leaders). Normally workshops last from 3 to 6 hours in a one-day setting.
Costs for workshops are very reasonable, designed to cover expenses, not to generate a profit. Contact Phil Collins to discuss your group’s unique needs.
To schedule a workshop for your group, fill out the form or contact Phil Collins.
Previous Scripture Engagement Workshop Presentations
- Bread of Life Anglican Church—Madison, WI
- North Manchester First Brethren Church—Manchester, IN
- St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church—Ft. Worth, Texas
- Westminster Presbyterian Church—Muncie, IN
- Wheaton Correctional Ministries Summit—Wheaton, IL
- Grace Community Church—Indianapolis, IN
- White’s Institute—Wabash, IN
- Community Church—Batesville, IN
- First Baptist Church—Peru, IN
- First Baptist Church—Muncie, IN
- Lockwood Community Church—Coldwater, MI
- New Hope Christian Church—Columbus, IN
- Northside Community UMC—Terri Haute, IN
- Northview Church—Indianapolis, IN
- Stone’s Hill Community Church—Ligonier, IN
- Vineyard Church—Knox County, OH
- Youth for Christ Student Leader Training Retreat—Upland, IN
- Youth for Christ Leader Training Retreat—Miami, FL
- Christian School Chapel Services
- Men’s Breakfasts
- Men’s Four Week Seminar
- Sunday School Classes
On Taylor University's Campus
- Residence Hall Bible studies
- Parent’s Weekend and Homecoming workshops
- Short-term missions team to Singapore
- Lives That Matter, A Theology Institute for High School Youth, designed for inner-city youth and their mentors.
- Training of all campus Discipleship Coordinators and small group leaders
- Various training sessions of Taylor faculty in Scripture engagement
- Workshops for faculty and staff
- Scripture Engagement Pastor’s Conference
- Three trips to China to train Chinese pastors (up to 500 at a time) and seminary professors in Scripture engagement practices.
- Forum Bible Agencies International
- Studying the Bible workshops in Ecuador