August 23-27, 2019
Welcome Weekend is the beginning of many Taylor traditions. While you are busy packing your suitcases and shopping for supplies, campus leaders arrive even earlier to prepare residence hall programming, plan small group activities, and organize the year’s first dance.
Welcome Weekend, along with Taylor’s First Year Experience* program, can help you meet new friends, make the transition academically, and provide opportunities for you to know yourself and God in a deeper way.
- There is no advanced registration or fee needed for students or parents for Welcome Weekend.
- Students living on campus, please check in at your residence hall lobby upon arrival where you will receive your room key and be greeted by student leaders, ready to assist you with moving-in. **Note: Move-in day for upperclassmen is Saturday, August 24, beginning at 10 a.m.
- Transfer students are invited to move-in on Friday and participate in Welcome Weekend. We have specific activities planned for you.
- Commuter students, please check in at the registration table in Hodson Dining Commons on Friday between 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. to receive your welcome packet. A complimentary dinner ticket will be provided for students who do not have a meal plan.
- Parents and guests are invited to purchase meals in the Hodson Dining Commons or Boren Student Center on Friday and Saturday. Meals are payable by cash or credit card at the cashier during each meal.
- Most parents arrive with their son or daughter for move-in on Friday and stay through Saturday lunch. There are many student activities planned for the remainder of the weekend which will assist with the transition to Taylor. Check for area accommodations.
- The 2019 Welcome Weekend Schedule will be available in April.
*The First-Year Experience® is a service mark of the University of South Carolina. A license may be granted upon written request to use the term The First-Year Experience in association with educational programmatic approaches to enhance the first college year. This license is not transferable without written approval of the University of South Carolina.