Faculty & Staff
Dr. Ed Meadors
Professor of Biblical StudiesOffice Location: Reade 224
Phone: (765) 998-4928
Specialties: Gospels, Apocalyptic Literature, Romans, Idolatry, Biblical Theology
Ph.D., New Testament Exegesis, The University of Aberdeen, 1993
MA, New Testament, Wheaton College Graduate School, 1989
BA, English Literature, Wheaton College, 1986
Why I love teaching at Taylor:
Teaching at Taylor is a great privilege and joy for a host of reasons. First, I have the privilege of teaching subjects that I love and engage with regularly in my leisure time. I am an avid student of Scripture. The content of Biblical Studies is itself an inspirational stimulus for teaching. Second, my calling from God is to serve in the ministry of making disciples for Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20). Teaching at Taylor provides a strategic environment for accomplishing this goal. Third, I love teaching at Taylor because of the intimate rapport I enjoy with Taylor students and Taylor faculty colleagues. The community life at Taylor is special. Fourth and finally, I enjoy living and working in the small, close-knit town of Upland, Indiana.
Advice to incoming students:
- Say “yes” to the things you really want to do. Say “no” to the things you can’t commit to fully or only have a partial interest.
- Keep your quiet times. Find a place in the library, prayer chapel, wherever, but maintain your personal relationship with God through prayer, devotional time in the Bible, and church attendance.
- Prioritize things of eternal value: your relationship with God and your relationship with others. And maintain healthy communication with your family—they’ll be there for you long after your formal education ends.
- Think about the consequences of the fun, crazy things you find yourself wanting to do. Have a ton of fun, but use self-control when outcomes might hurt others or damage property.
- Be strong! Say “no” to pornography and premarital sex. Your standard of behavior is the benchmark set by your Lord. Your calling is to be Holy as your Heavenly Father is Holy. You’ll be glad in this world and in the next.
Amateur tree farmer, all sports, and cleaning horse stalls :)