Film & Media Production
Visual storytelling for film, television, and video
Learn film and television production in the context of the midwest’s number one regional university, ten years running. Shoot on exceptional technology including the RED Weapon 6K camera while you develop your skills in film directing, producing, cinematography, screenwriting and editing.
You’ll gain professional skills with editing software such as Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Pro Tools, After Effects and DaVinci Resolve while you explore what it means to be a Christian artist, contributing to culture in ways that honor God.
Our students have won more than 230 awards in the last ten years, including two Outstanding Student Production awards from the Emmys in 2016.
Hear from the faculty about what makes this program distinct.
In this program, you will...
- Begin taking hands-on, production classes in your freshman fall
- Create an impressive portfolio of work, demonstrating to employers the depth of your experience
- Learn fiction and documentary filmmaking, live television production, and visual storytelling for clients
- Take advantage of mentoring by expert teaching faculty and collaboration with upperclassmen
- Understand the history and anticipate the future of film and media
- Dig into the aesthetics, ethics, and business of visual storytelling
- Integrate your faith with your filmmaking, reflecting God’s creativity
Film & Media Production news
Workshops, special guests, screenings and an awards presentation program for Taylor student filmmakers will highlight Taylor University’s Envision Film Festival, scheduled for March 2-4, 2017.
Taylor student films are making the rounds and have won two top awards at film festivals in the Midwest.
Two Taylor documentaries have won Outstanding Student Production Awards, known as the Crystal Pillar, from the National Association of Television Arts and Sciences, Lower Great Lakes Chapter. The wins were announced at a black tie event at the Kalihari Resort in Sandusky, Ohio on June 18. The Emmy is the highest honor in television broadcasting.