Tammy MahonDirector of Special Education & Associate Professor of Education
- EdD, Special Education, Ball State University (2006)
- MA, Special Education, Ball State Univeristy (2001)
- BA, Elementary Education, Anderson University (1993)
- special education law
- teacher quality
Advice to Incoming Students
Cultivate a strong relationship with the Lord. Be open to serve in the ways He has called for you.
Why I Came to Taylor
I came to Taylor University to serve in the mission of preparing teachers with a biblical worldview of the field of education. I desire to prepare university students to be leaders in the field as well as to be the salt and light to their students, parents, and colleagues.
Tammy enjoys running and reading both fiction and non-fiction.
Major Career Accomplishments
I have teaching experiences as a special education and classroom teacher from pre-school through high school in both public and private school settings. At the university level, I have taught at the graduate and undergraduate levels. Professional activities include the following:
- CEC/CAEP National Reviewer for college and university special education programs for quality teachers
- Indiana Learning Disabilities Association Board Member
- Indiana Council of Administrators of Special Education Membership
- East Indiana Special Education Roundtable Membership
- Council for Exceptional Children Membership and Conferences
- Professional Development Services at P12 Schools
- Co-Development of Autism Family Night Events with Grant County Special Education Cooperative