The Taylor Equestrian Team has been competing in IHSA (Intercollegiate Horse Show Association) shows for over thirty years. It is open to male and female riders of all levels who share a love for horses and a desire to increase their knowledge and ability of riding. Coached by Maggie Boyle of Black Dog Enterprises, the riders learn and show Hunt Seat, an English style of riding.
The team is open to all full-time Taylor University students, regardless of ability. We strive to glorify God through our riding and exemplify Jesus Christ in our words, attitudes, and hard work.
- Taking lessons at least once a week
- $325/semester for lessons once a week
- $450/semester for lessons twice a week
- Paying team dues
- $45/year IHSA/USHJA dues
- Working at Taylor’s home shows
- Showing at half of the offered shows per semester
- $35 per class/away shows
- $6 per class/home shows
- The team covers the cost of show transportation, food, and lodging
|Show Schedule: 2018–2019|
|November 3-4, 2018||at Saint Mary of the Woods College|
|November 17-18, 2018||at Saint Mary of the Woods College|
|December 1-2, 2018||at Saint Mary of the Woods College|
|February 16-17, 2019||To Be Announced|
|March 2-3, 2019||To Be Announced|
|IHSA Showing Finals
Regionals – March 30, 2019
|hosted by Taylor University at Black Dog Farms
**Riders must qualify to participate.
|TBD – Zones|
|TBD – Nationals|
*Regular season shows begin at approximately 9:00 a.m. with fence classes first, followed by flat classes.
Black Dog Enterprises is a beautiful hunter/jumper riding stable located 17 miles from campus. It boasts a spacious outdoor arena, a heated indoor arena with large skylights and viewing room, stalls with individual turnouts, long rolling paddocks, and lots of black dogs. The stables are owned and operated by Ms. Maggie Boyle and is home to Taylor-owned horses, Maggie’s horses, and other privately boarded horses.
- 3320 East 550 North
- Marion, IN 46953
Coming from the North
- Travel I-69 South to State Road 218. Exit and turn west (right). Travel on SR 218 to 600 West, turn south (left). Travel to 550 North and turn west (right). Travel west approximately 3 miles. Black Dog Enterprises will be on the left side of the road.
Coming from the South
- Travel I-69 North to State Road 18. Exit and turn west (left). Travel a short distance to 600 East, turn north (right). Continue on 600 East thru the very small town of Landess to 550 North. Turn left on 550 North and Black Dog Enterprises will be approximately 3 miles, heading west, on the left side of the road.
- Travel on State Road 9 to 550 North. Turn east on 550 North. Black Dog Enterprises will be approx 1.5 miles east on the right side of the road.