An award-winning Christian program
Taylor is one of the best Christian colleges for film & media production, journalism, public relations, and web communication.
Our distinctions include:
- Winning well over 200 external awards in the last seven years
- Having student films accepted for screening in film festivals
- Offering hands-on access to state-of-the-art technology including two RED Dragon cameras
- Generating an award-winning student newspaper and yearbook
- Graduating alumni who now work in Hollywood, news media, and corporate communication
- Producing award-winning client projects involving service learning
Our award-winning department offers majors in film and media production, public relations, journalism/media writing and web communication preparing you to make a difference for Christ through media.
Faculty in the department seek to educate extraordinary communicators and artists marked by a passion for serving God, professional excellence, and using media to transform culture. Combine challenging classes, a required internship, state-of-the-art technology, and the distinct advantages of choosing Taylor, U.S. News and World Report’s #1 Midwest regional college for eight straight years, and you'll be equipped to impact culture through great storytelling.
Come visit to see for yourself and be sure to schedule a meeting with a faculty member.
Three documentaries by Taylor University student filmmakers have been nominated for student production awards by the National Association of Television Arts and Sciences, Lower Great Lakes Chapter.
David Seaman, a 2015 graduate of Taylor's journalism program, has received a second-place Pinnacle Award from the College Media Association. Seaman received the award in the “Best Arts & Entertainment Story” category for his review of Taylor Theatre’s 2014 production of Wit.
The Envision Film Festival welcomes guests from the worlds of feature film cinematography, documentary filmmaking, and film/TV acting.