An award-winning Christian program
Taylor is one of the best Christian colleges for film & media production, journalism, public relations, and web communication.
Our distinctions include:
- Winning well over 200 external awards in the last seven years
- Having student films accepted for screening in film festivals
- Offering hands-on access to state-of-the-art technology including two RED Dragon cameras
- Generating an award-winning student newspaper and yearbook
- Graduating alumni who now work in Hollywood, news media, and corporate communication
- Producing award-winning client projects involving service learning
Our award-winning department offers majors in film and media production, public relations, journalism/media writing and web communication preparing you to make a difference for Christ through media.
Faculty in the department seek to educate extraordinary communicators and artists marked by a passion for serving God, professional excellence, and using media to transform culture. Combine challenging classes, a required internship, state-of-the-art technology, and the distinct advantages of choosing Taylor, U.S. News and World Report’s #1 Midwest regional college for eight straight years, and you'll be equipped to impact culture through great storytelling.
Come visit to see for yourself and be sure to schedule a meeting with a faculty member.
Registration is open for Taylor University’s first Shakespeare Camp led by Taylor faculty and students for high school students (entering grades 9-12 this fall). Shakespeare: Page to Stage will take place on campus, June 12-18.
Three documentaries by Taylor University student filmmakers have been nominated for student production awards by the National Association of Television Arts and Sciences, Lower Great Lakes Chapter.
David Seaman, a 2015 graduate of Taylor's journalism program, has received a second-place Pinnacle Award from the College Media Association. Seaman received the award in the “Best Arts & Entertainment Story” category for his review of Taylor Theatre’s 2014 production of Wit.