The Enterprise Infrastructure team supports the University's high-speed fiberoptic network, virtual and physical server infrastructure, data storage and backups, wired and wireless networks, Data Center, and telephony. The group is also responsible for network security and security awareness.
The University network infrastructure is comprised of HP switches, Aruba wireless access points and bridges, Equallogic SAN arrays, PacketFence network access control, and Procera packet shaping.
Taylor University's physical server infrastructure consists primarily of HP Proliant servers running the latest Windows and Linux server operating systems. In addition to physical servers, the University is highly invested in both server and desktop virtualization, and runs clusters of VMWare ESXi hosts. All platforms are managed and monitored using a mixture of hardware and software tools that include Sensatronics, HP Insight Manager/IMC, PRTG, Graphite, Kibana, and Kiwi SysLog.
Enterprise Infrastructure Staff:
- T.R. Knight, Director of Enterprise Infrastructure
- Steve Elwood, Infrastructure Services Manager
- Brent Gerig, Infrastructure / Systems Analyst
- Tim Jahr, Infrastructure / Systems Analyst
- Steve Olsen, Telecommunications Services Manager
- Mike Schadler, Voice-Video Engineer