Student Activities Council (SAC)
Student Activities Council (SAC) seeks to create fun, meaningful activities and recreational events that encourage campus and community involvement. We strive to be creative in introducing new twists on old events as well as planning brand new events. We are excited to reach out to the student body and see a variety of students at our events.
Some of our events include:
- The Cardboard Boat Regatta, an event during Parent and Family weekend where families use their creativity to survive a voyage on Taylor Lake using only cardboard, plastic sheets, and duct tape.
- MyGen is a night of students showing off their talent by performing songs from before the graduating class was born.
- Nostalgia Night is when students show off their talents by performing contemporary songs from when the graduating class was born until now.
- Study Break’s are put on every semester giving students time for a break from cramming for final exams and projects. They are meant to focus on building community between each other in an entertaining way.
- Breakfast at Midnight started during the 2011-2012 school year and has continued ever since as a big part of the “Weekend Programming Initiative.” We provide a variety of breakfast foods and games in the Student Union. The overall goal of this is not to provide a midnight snack, but a place for students to go once open house is over. Instead of providing all programming during the week, TSO decided to provide students weekend activities as well. We have been seeking to continue this goal through each cabinet.