Frequently Asked Questions
If we agree to host an As We Pray gathering, what do we do next?
Our goal is to provide you with all the support you will need right up to the day of the gathering. After we receive your commitment form, here is what will take place:
1. The Parent Relations Office will contact you regarding your commitment to host an As We Pray gathering and answer any specific questions. In addition, we’ll be communicating with you throughout the planning time.
2. Your host location and contact information will be posted on a special As We Pray website located in the parent section of the Taylor website.
3. Taylor families will receive a postcard-magnet the beginning of January promoting As We Pray and asking them to visit the As We Pray website to find a gathering near them.
4. Families in your area will RSVP directly to you their attendance (using your preferred method of RSVP: e-mail, phone, etc).
5. Further promotion of the event will be done by the Parent Relations office through the monthly enewsletter Perspectives and through special As We Pray e-mails.
6. You will receive a packet of information in February, including things such as a suggested format for the evening, name tags, sign-in sheets, prayer lists, a guide for the prayer time that will be easy to follow and customizable, as well as a DVD with a message from Dr. and Mrs. Habecker for your use during the gathering.
7. We will ask that you mail back to Taylor the gathering sign-in sheet, so that we have a record of who attended.
Where are you looking to host As We Pray gatherings?
We try to offer as many locations as possible. In areas where two families want to host, but the Taylor family representation only supports one gathering, we ask for the families to work together and support one gathering. In larger cities, we try to offer multiple locations, dates, and times. What if we are unsure of the location, date, and/or time; but, we would like to host? On the commitment form there is the option TBD. We will need to know date and time by early January.
How many people will be attending the gathering?
Attendance varies based on your location and the number of families in your area. We have had gatherings that ranged from one guest to 20 guests. Since hosts will be taking RSVPs, the number of people attending is your decision. We will communicate on the As We Pray website if you are no longer accepting RSVPs for your location.
How long will the evening last?
We will send hosts a suggested gathering format, this format has the evening lasting about 60 to 90 minutes with about 15-20 minutes for arrival and fellowship, 5-10 minutes for introductions, 30 minutes for prayer, and 15 minutes for fellowship.
We noticed on the commitment forms that both parents and grandparents were mentioned, why?
It was recommended by our hosts during the first year that we include grandparents; thus, we invite grandparents to join the As We Pray gatherings.
Can we send out personal invitations to families in our area?
You are welcome to personally invite families in your area. In prior years, participation did increase for those hosts who sent out personal invitations. Please let the Parent Relations Office know about your interest no later than February 1; and, we will send you a list of names and addresses. Contact Joyce Wood, the Senior Director of Parent and Community Relations, with any questions.
Do we need to provide refreshments?
Offering refreshments is your choice; but, we are not asking that they be offered.
What materials is Taylor providing for the guests?
We will provide you and your guests with As We Pray nametags, an As We Pray bookmark, a list of prayer requests, and a Taylor Bible Reading and Memory Calendar.