Frequently Asked Questions
If we agree to host a Parent Prayer Week gathering, what do we do next?
Our goal is to provide you with all the support you will need right up to the day of the gathering. After we receive your commitment form, a member of the Parent Relations Office will contact you regarding the details of the gathering. The Parent Prayer Week planning timeline will look something like this:
- The Parent Relations Office will contact you regarding your commitment to host a Parent Prayer Week gathering and answer any specific questions. In addition, we’ll be communicating with you throughout the planning time.
- Your host location and contact information will be posted on this special Parent Prayer Week website.
- Taylor families will receive a postcard in early January promoting Parent Prayer Week and asking them to visit the Parent Prayer Week website to find a host location near them.
- Families in your area will RSVP directly to you their attendance (using your preferred method of RSVP: email, phone, etc).
- Further promotion of the event will be done by the Parent Relations Office through the monthly e-newsletter Perspectives and through special Parent Prayer Week emails.
- You will receive a packet of information at the beginning of February, including things such as a suggested format for the evening, name tags, sign-in sheets, prayer lists, a guide for the prayer time that will be easy to follow and customizable, as well as a DVD with a message from Dr. Habecker for your use during the gathering.
- We will ask that you mail back to Taylor the gathering sign-in sheet so that we have record of who attended.
Where are you looking to host different Parent Prayer Week gatherings?
We are hoping to host gatherings in a variety of cities and states across the United States.
What if we are unsure of the location, date, and/or time; but, we would like to host?
Please note on your commitment form that you would like to host, but that the location, date or time are still to be determined. We will need to know this information in January.
How many people will be attending the gathering?
Attendance varies based on your location and the number of families in your area. Last year we had gatherings that ranged from one guest to 20 guests. Indiana, Illinois, Ohio and Michigan have large Taylor family representation; thus, we are asking several families in key areas to host -- in an effort to not overwhelm any one gathering location. Since hosts will be taking RSVPs, the number of people attending is your decision. We will communicate on the Parent Prayer Week website if you are no longer accepting RSVPs for your location.
How long will the evening last?
We will be sending hosts a suggested gathering format, this format has the evening lasting about 60 to 90 minutes with about 15-20 minutes for arrival and fellowship, 5-10 minutes for introductions, 30 minutes for prayer and 15 minutes for fellowship.
Can we send out personal invitations to families in our area?
You are welcome to personally invite families in your area. Previously, participation did increase for those hosts who sent out personal invitations. Please let the Parent Relations Office know about your interest, and we will send you a list of names and addresses. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do we need to provide refreshments?
Offering refreshments is your choice, but we are not asking that they be offered.
What materials is Taylor providing for the guests?
We will be providing you and your guests with Parent Prayer Week nametags, a Parent Prayer Week bookmark and a Taylor Bible Reading and Memory Calendar.
We noticed on the commitment forms that both parents and grandparents were mentioned. Why?
It was recommended by our hosts last year that we include grandparents; thus, we are inviting grandparents to join us for Parent Prayer Week gatherings as well.