Taylor seeks to recognize alumni and friends of the University who have outstanding achievements either personally or professionally, or who have served Taylor University in a significant way. We welcome nominations from alumni, parents, and friends who know of individuals who have noteworthy accomplishments and who are committed to living for Jesus Christ. A description of the Alumni Award categories is below.
- Distinguished Service Young Alumnus(a) (<10 years since graduation) - Awarded to an alumnus or alumna within ten years of graduation who has exhibited Christian leadership in his or her chosen field of service, personally and professionally, and who has made significant contributions to the increased welfare of others and advancement of Taylor University.
- Distinguished Service Alumnus(a) - Awarded to an alumnus or alumna who has exhibited Christian leadership in his or her chosen field of service, personally and professionally, and who has made significant contributions to the increased welfare of others and advancement of Taylor University.
- Honorary Alumnus(a) - Any person who is interested in the cause of Christian higher education as represented by and through Taylor University and who has demonstrated his or her commitment to the cause of Taylor University, may be chosen by the Alumni Council to become an Honorary Member of the Alumni Association.
- Legion of Honor - Awarded to an outstanding alumnus or alumna who has attained distinction by national and/or international accomplishment and who has promoted the welfare of Taylor University.
- Roselyn Kerlin Women in Leadership Award - Awarded to a Taylor alumna who has provided godly leadership in her personal and professional lives and who has exhibited an extraordinary commitment to Jesus Christ and to others.
- Distinguished Professor – Awarded to a tenured Taylor University faculty who has demonstrated excellence in classroom teaching, outstanding scholarship (including research, publications, etc.), Christian service and engagement outside of the classroom.
Please click here to nominate individual(s) for an award. Your nomination will be reviewed; and, you will be contacted for additional information if needed. Please note that nominees are considered for an award in the spring of each year, and the presentation of the awards is made during Homecoming and Family Weekend in the fall.