Physical Education & Human Performance (PHP) Department
The case for physical education and human performance – proof that it works!
How do we know you’ll succeed? The facts speak for themselves.
- In the past 4 years, 100% of exercise science graduates who pursued a graduate-level education were accepted—many into some of the nation’s most prestigious graduate schools in their fields, including:
- Boston University (occupational therapy)
- Washington University, St. Louis (doctorate of physical therapy)
- Wake Forest University (clinical exercise physiology)
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (athletic training)
- University of Pittsburg (nursing)
- Marquette University (physician assistant)
- James Madison University (exercise physiology)
- Our sports management grads have been hired by such national names as the Florida Marlins, Los Angeles Galaxy, Phoenix Mercury, Michigan State University, CSE Marketing and XOS Digital Media and Advertising.
- Many sports management and exercise science students who complete internships receive job offers from their employers before they graduate.
- Schools across the country seek out our health and physical education graduates for key teaching and coaching positions.
Careers for physical education and human performance
With a degree from Taylor's Physical Education and Human Performance Department, you’re on your way to many exciting careers and graduate programs. Check out the career possibilities below. For specific career-related questions, contact Dr. Bruce Pratt, our department chair. He’ll be happy to talk with you!
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Physical and occupational therapists
- Personal trainers
- Athletic directors
- Sports information directors
- Sports reporters and media relations professionals
- Marketing and promotions managers
- Teachers and coaches
Still need more proof?
- See what the nation’s “Best of” publications have to say about a Taylor education.
- Skim the results of our most recent parent survey:
- 95% would support their student’s choice to attend Taylor again
- 96% were satisfied with major field courses and instruction
- 95% were satisfied with general education courses and instruction