An Award-Winning Christian Program
Taylor is one of the best Christian colleges for film & media production, journalism, public relations, and web communication. Our Media Communication Department distinctions include:
- Winning well over 200 external awards in the last seven years.
- Having student films accepted for screening in film festivals.
- Offering hands on access to state of the art technology including two RED Epic cameras.
- Generating an award winning student newspaper and yearbook.
- Seeing graduates working in Hollywood, news media and corporate communication settings.
- Producing award-winning client projects involving service learning.
Our award-winning department offers majors in film and media production, public relations, journalism/media writing and web communication preparing you to make a difference for Christ throughout in the media.
Faculty in the department seek to educate extraordinary communicators and artists marked by a passion for serving God, professional excellence, and a desire to use media in ways that transform culture. Combine challenging classes, a required internship, state of the art technology, and the distinct advantages of choosing Taylor, U.S. News and World Report’s #1 Midwest regional college for seven straight years, and you'll be equipped to impact culture through great storytelling.
Students in Taylor's Film and Media Production major have won three Marcom Awards; two for video production and one for website development.
Two Taylor freshmen screened films at the 2013 Heartland Film Festival in Indianapolis.
The faith-based film "Grace Unplugged" screened on Taylor's campus as the inaugural event of Taylor's Center for Faith, Film and Media.