Music, Theatre & Dance
Our music major prepares you for diverse career opportunities in keeping with the liberal arts tradition of Taylor University. Students can choose between a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science with a concentration in Church Music Ministries, Music Management, or Music Marketing. Learn more.
If you're a serious artist passionate about music, theatre, and dance, consider the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre. Music, dance, and theatre faculty challenge students to take their art to the next level—and engage their faith throughout the process. Learn more.
A music composition major prepares you to study further in graduate school, teach theory and/or composition at a high school or college levels, and compose or arrange sacred or secular music. It also leads to numerous opportunities in radio, television, and other related fields. Learn more.
A music performance major offers concentrations in piano, vocal and instrumental music performance. This program will prepare you for graduate school and possible careers as a solo performer, accompanist, private teacher, professional ensemble member, or conductor. Learn more.
Develop skills in acting, stagecraft, management, and play direction with a major in theatre arts. All students in this major participate in at least two theatre productions each year. Students also direct their own productions, and there are opportunities to be part of Taylor's traveling theatre company. Learn more.
- Applied Music is designed to increase your skills in performance ability.
- Church Music Ministries prepares you to become worship leader in traditional and contemporary church music programs.
- Keyboard Pedagogy prepares you to teach private piano lessons and operate a professional studio.
- Music Composition is designed to assist you in development of your music composition skills for classical or popular applications.
- Theatre Arts allows students in all majors to gain immersive experience in the theatre while earning academic credit.