An award-winning Christian program
Taylor is one of the best Christian colleges for film & media production, journalism, public relations, and web communication.
Our distinctions include:
- Winning well over 200 external awards in the last seven years
- Having student films accepted for screening in film festivals
- Offering hands-on access to state-of-the-art technology including two RED Dragon cameras
- Generating an award-winning student newspaper and yearbook
- Graduating alumni who now work in Hollywood, news media, and corporate communication
- Producing award-winning client projects involving service learning
Our award-winning department offers majors in film and media production, public relations, journalism/media writing and web communication preparing you to make a difference for Christ through media.
Faculty in the department seek to educate extraordinary communicators and artists marked by a passion for serving God, professional excellence, and using media to transform culture. Combine challenging classes, a required internship, state-of-the-art technology, and the distinct advantages of choosing Taylor, U.S. News and World Report’s #1 Midwest regional college for eight straight years, and you'll be equipped to impact culture through great storytelling.
Come visit to see for yourself and be sure to schedule a meeting with a faculty member.
This weekend, Taylor Theatre presents the first round of performances of The Marriage of Figaro, and music and theatre faculty welcome high school seniors to audition for Taylor’s new musical theatre major.
Film and Media Production students have won two “Platinum - Best in Show” recognitions from the Aurora Awards, an international film and video competition for commercials, cable programming, documentaries, and corporate videos.
Taylor University’s student newspaper The Echo has been named the 2015 Indiana Collegiate Press Association Newspaper of the Year for Division III. This award is the latest in a series of honors earned by The Echo and its staff of student journalists.