An Award-Winning Christian Program
Taylor is one of the best Christian colleges for film & media production, journalism, public relations, and web communication. Our Media Communication Department distinctions include:
- Winning well over 200 external awards in the last seven years.
- Having student films accepted for screening in film festivals.
- Offering hands on access to state of the art technology including two RED Epic cameras.
- Generating an award winning student newspaper and yearbook.
- Seeing graduates working in Hollywood, news media and corporate communication settings.
- Producing award-winning client projects involving service learning.
Our award-winning department offers majors in film and media production, public relations, journalism/media writing and web communication preparing you to make a difference for Christ throughout in the media.
Faculty in the department seek to educate extraordinary communicators and artists marked by a passion for serving God, professional excellence, and a desire to use media in ways that transform culture. Combine challenging classes, a required internship, state of the art technology, and the distinct advantages of choosing Taylor, U.S. News and World Report’s #1 Midwest regional college for seven straight years, and you'll be equipped to impact culture through great storytelling.
Two Taylor student films have received nominations for Crystal Pillar awards from the Emmy organization.
Workshops, screenings and an awards presentation highlighted Taylor's best-ever Envision Film Festival.
Taylor University's Envision Film Festival will welcome three guests specializing in screenwriting and acting for March 6-8.