Media Communication Facilities and Equipment
- Macintosh Lab featuring AVID, ProTools, and the Adobe Creative Suite are available to Media Communication students
- Video and filmmaking students shoot on RED Epic Cameras, Sony F3s, Sony PMW-350s, Sony EX3s, and Canon 5D Mark IIs. Cinematic lenses and a full array of lighting and camera support equipment are available including several dollies and jibs.
- Steadicam Shadow with professional trainer available
- Studio featuring four Sony PMW-350 cameras, two on Vinten pedestals and one on a 18 foot CamMate jib, two Sony pan-tilt-zoom cameras, AutoScript teleprompters and ETC Express lighting control system
- Six film/video editing suites using AVID, ProTools, and DaVinci Resolve, as well as music and special effects collections for video and film editing
- Online radio station run entirely by students
- High definition production control room and studio
- Media classroom featuring HD projection and 7.1 Dolby® Surround Sound. The Echo (link to theechonews.com), the student newspaper, and the Ilium yearbook staffs make use of the Media Lab and have specialized offices for the staff.
The Echo, the student newspaper, and the Ilium yearbook staffs make use of the Media Lab and have specialized offices for the staff.