Media Communication Facilities and Equipment
- Macintosh Lab featuring AVID, ProTools, and the Adobe Creative Suite are available to Media Communication students
- Video and filmmaking students shoot on RED Epic Cameras, Sony F3s, Sony PMW-350s, Sony EX3s, and Canon 5D Mark IIs. Cinematic lenses and a full array of lighting and camera support equipment are available including several dollies and jibs.
- Steadicam Shadow with professional training provided during a January-term class.
- Studio featuring four Sony PMW-350 cameras, two on Vinten pedestals and one on a 18 foot CamMate jib, two Sony pan-tilt-zoom cameras, AutoScript teleprompters and ETC Express lighting control system
- Six film/video editing suites using AVID, ProTools, and DaVinci Resolve, as well as music and special effects collections for video and film editing
- Online radio station run entirely by students
- High definition production control room and studio
- Media classroom featuring HD projection and 7.1 Dolby® Surround Sound.
- The Echo, the student newspaper, and the Ilium yearbook staffs make use of the Media Lab and have specialized offices for the staff.