Classes are taught in English (except for Spanish and Spanish Culture). As the students’ ability to understand Spanish improves, the instructors will begin to introduce some of the language associated with the courses being studied.
Departments with programs in Ecuador:
- Department of Biology offers several programs in Ecuador in the health professional area, biology and environmental biology
- Department of Business offers several classes in international business
- Department of Christian Education provides opportunities in missions and Christian education practicums
- Department of Social Work offers general education classes and Latin American culture immersion
Foundational Core curriculum
For students wanting a general studies approach, the following courses are offered above the core Spanish and Culture classes.
- Latin American History
- Latin American Literature
- Human Biology
Students are enrolled in two semesters of Spanish while in Cuenca. Students take classes at the Verbo Iglesias language institute and are overseen by Taylor University's Department of Languages. Students are immersed in the language and progress very rapidly to a conversational level of Spanish with their host families.
Students enroll in a two-hour cross-cultural class on Ecuadorian culture.