CR&I Research Training
Research at the CR&I applies principles and methods of "classroom knowledge" to real-life, hands-on investigation. This involves a systematic method to produce breakthrough understanding, discovery, and inventions.
Students and faculty team hand-in-hand to accomplish theoretical, experimental, basic, and applied research.
The Science Research Training Program (SRTP) focuses on the natural sciences.
The Humanities Research Training Program (HRTP) focuses on the humanities and social sciences.
While internal sources of funding are available, almost $2,500,000 in externally funded research has been conducted at Taylor over the past decade.
Past donors include NASA, The Research Corporation, National Science Foundation, Indiana Space Grant Consortium, Environmental Protection Agency, and Indiana Department of Environmental Management.
A wide variety of campus research is listed below, including projects not funded through the Center for Research & Innovation.
- Computer Science - WordSurv Language Analysis Software
- Earth and Environmental Science - Upland Prairie Restoration, 3rd World Water Resource Development, Grand Calumet Dune and Swale vegetation monitoring, Wind Turbines (Baseline Model Testing for Improved Performance and Troubleshooting)
- Mathematics - Inconsistencies in Scoring Technologies
- Physics - Theoretical Particle Physics, Very Low Frequency (VLF) Remote Sensing of the Lower Ionosphere and Electron Precipitation from the Radiation Belts
- Space Science - TSAT (TEST Sat-Lite)
- Interdisciplinary – High Altitude Ballooning into Undergraduate STEM Curriculum
- Art - Summer Fine Art Institute
- Physical Health - Fit into Health Program and Research, Laboratories for Aging Research and Education
- Political Science - Kingdom Responses: Analyzing Believers’ Responses to Religious Persecution
- Psychological - Critical Thinking, Intercultural Assessment, Faith Integration and Development
- English - Basic Writers’ Improvement in Writing Competence: The Role of Agentive Dimensions
- Biology - Genotype in the Eastern Box Turtle
- Chemistry - Monitoring C02 Fixation Using Mass Spectrometer
- Engineering - Gas and Oil Well Project, TEST: Thunderstorm Effects in Space Technology Nanosatellite, Solar Car
- Space Science - Micro Gravity Flight: Gravity Gradient Tether Deployment, TU Sat 1: Digital communications satellite
- Biblical and Philosophical - Limitations of Goedel's Theorem in Epistemology
- History - Vayhinger Legacy Project
- Political Science - Environmental Politics of Green Space in Russia,
- Psychological - ISTEP Testing Stats Analysis,
- Sociology - Conservative Protestants & Racial Reconciliation