Technology Services supports the University's high-speed campus backbone network, server infrastructure, the Residential Network (ResNet), LAN connectivity, wireless networks, and telephony. The group is also responsible for network security and security awareness.
The University network infrastructure is comprised of HP and Cisco switches and routers, Aruba Wireless Access Points, Bradford Campus Manager network access control, and Procera PacketLogic packet shapers.
Taylor University's physical server infrastructure consists primarily of HP Proliant servers running the latest Windows and Linux server operating systems. In addition to our physical servers, we are also highly invested in virtualization, and run a cluster of VMWare ESX hosts. These platforms are managed and monitored using a mixture of hardware and software tools that include Sensatronics, HP Insight Manager, Nagios, Cacti, and Kiwi SysLog.
Technology Services Staff:
- Nick Corduan, Desktop Manager
- David Crim, Security Analyst
- Steve Elwood, Computing Services Manager
- Jason Everroad, Desktop Technician
- Brent Gerig, Network / Systems Analyst
- T.R. Knight, Director of Technology Services
- Steve Olsen, Telecommunications Services Manager
- Mike Schadler, Voice-Video Engineer