Cycling On and Off Campus
The Taylor University campus is a beautiful setting for bicyclists. The Taylor University Police Department encourages bicyclists to follow the following safety precautions:
Preventing Bicycle Theft
- Always lock your bicycle when not in use.
- Record your bicycle make, color and serial numbers.
- If your bicycle has been stolen, call the Taylor University Police Department immediately.
- Always wear an U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) approved helmet when riding your bicycle.
- Keep your bicycle in good operating condition.
- Follow ALL traffic laws when riding your bicycle, including stopping at stop signs and riding WITH the flow of traffic.
- Use hand signals for turns and stops.
- Maximize your visibility by wearing reflective clothing and attaching reflective devices to your bicycle.
- Always check for oncoming traffic before entering an intersection or merging onto a road.
- Stay in single file when riding with others.
- DO NOT assume that motor vehicles will yield the right-of-way to you.
- Refrain from using ipods and other devices that will interfere with your ability to hear or see oncoming traffic.
- BE A DEFENSIVE RIDER.