Mission, Goals, and Values
The mission and purpose of the Spencer Centre for Global Engagement is to impact the Kingdom of God and minister the redemptive love of Christ to a needy world through the educating and equipping of distinguished students by means of a dynamic integration of faith, life-long learning and global service.
- Provide inspiring leadership for the twenty-first century by fostering global awareness throughout the Taylor University community.
- Serve as a synergistic center for leaders and partners to carry out academic and outreach programs to impact the Kingdom of God
- Establish and coordinate regional centers throughout the world in partnership with other organizations.
- Encourage and oversee cross-cultural opportunities for the Taylor community to experience a sense of being world Christians.
- Contribute to the creation of a stimulating campus environment which embraces diversity, ethnicity, and cross-cultural differences.
- Stand as a unique model representative of an inspiring, internationally, rigorous academic institution which effectively ministers Christ’s redemptive love to the world.
- Contribute to the unique Taylor University heritage to equip and train another generation to carry out the Great Commission.
The Centre for Global Engagement is firmly established upon the eight core values of Taylor University:
- Christ centered
- Biblically anchored
- Liberal arts grounded
- Whole person focused
- Vocationally equipping
- World engaging
- Servant leadership motivated